Tuesday, August 11, 2009

D.C. Mun. Regs. tit. 20 s 2108

Because I'm a total researcher (see the bottom of the second paragraph), I have this vision of going through the D.C. Code to look at all of the fines, and then make recommendations of how to make them consistent with each other. When I came across this section of D.C. Municipal Regulations while doing actually-work-related research, I copied it for that purpose. But then I noticed some fun didn't-have-an-eagle-eyed-copy-editor text, and felt I needed to share it.

2108.1 Any person who fails to comply with any of the applicable provisions of this chapter shall, upon conviction, be punished as follows:

(a) Any person smoking ... shall, upon conviction, be punishable by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars ($ 100) nor more than one thousand ($ 1,000) for a first offense; and not less than two hundred dollars ($ 200) nor a* more than one thousand dollars ($ 1,000) for each subsequent offense;
...

2108.3 Pursuant to D.C. Official Code § 22-1320(c), any person ... shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars ($ 500) or less than one hundred dollars ($ 100), or imprisoned not more than thirty (30) days, or both, for the first offense.

...

*I'm going to be nice and assume this was just a typo, maybe even by the fine folks at Lexis, from where I copied this text.

No comments:

Post a Comment